Thursday, November 5, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask Ran about the experiment.
[X] Custom

---

"The experiment," she says. "Do you need me to go through it again?"

"Huh?"

Vincent scratches his head.

"You said that you understood during the morning briefing."

"I did? Wait, what are you talking about?"

Ran nods thoughtfully.

"Master Yukari thought that it would be amusing to start the experiment without informing the subject. The subject being you, of course. Fortunately, Chen warned me of her plot before she could do anything foolish. Without her help, you might have been thrown into the data sequence without any warning at all."

"Data sequence? I don't understand."

The kitsune stares blankly at me. She sighs heavily and pulls out a sheet of paper from her dress. It looks like some kind of contract.

"Is this your signature at the bottom of this waiver?"

Vincent examines the sheet. The signature at the bottom is definitely his handwriting, but he doesn't remember signing this waiver. From the gist of it, the contract waives all damages, injuries and/or deaths that may be caused during the experiment period. The others who signed the contract include Yukari and Ran as Mayohiga representatives, with Youmu and Komachi as witnesses.

"I don't remember signing this," he mutters. "And what is this part about accidental deaths or dismemberment?"

"You signed it this morning," she says. "I was in the room with you when you did. What are you complaining about?"

"Sorry. I can't remember a thing about this. What is this experiment that everyone keeps talking about?"

Ran looks at him disbelievingly.

"Wait.. you really don't remember?"

Vincent shakes his head.

"I can't remember anything about an experiment. All I know is that I woke up from some strange nightmare where I killed someone important to me. The next thing I know, I'm lying on the bed with you guys in the room."

"..."

For a moment, Ran looks completely surprised. But in the next, she is already nodding to herself, as if she figured everything out in a split second.

"Ah.. so that would explain the wave flunctuations in data sequence 2-C. Maybe I can try adjusting the border synchronization settings in the next simulation and..."

Without another word, Ran turns around and starts entering new data into the system.

[ ] Interrupt her. Insist that she explain the experiment.
[ ] Watch her work from the side. Maybe you can learn something.
[ ] Head to the dining room. You could use some food and drink.
[ ] Return to your room. A nap is fine too.
[ ] Awaken from this nightmare.
[ ] Custom

No comments: