Thursday, November 5, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Stay with her.
[X] Custom

---

Vincent quickly puts the sword down and examines Youmu's wound. He rips off his sleeve to use the cloth as a makeshift bandage. Then, he puts constant pressure on the wound in an attempt to slow down the bleeding. His head throbs painfully as he tries to think. He doesn't have any medicine or tools, and he has no idea where he is.

"I'm sorry!" he whispers. "I'm so sorry! W-what have I done?"

Youmu smiles weakly.

"It's only a flesh wound. Don't worry about me. You have to -"

She chokes for a moment, coughing blood. Vincent gently holds her up until she recovers.

"Don't speak!" he cries. "Once the bleeding stops, I'll take you back! I'll find someone who can help you! Just rest and -"

She slowly looks down, examining her wound. Then, she shakes her head.

"This is a fatal injury. I never thought that a human could do so much damage. You really are amazing, Vincent."

The half-ghost looks up at him. Then, she shoves her sword into his hand once more. She wraps his fingers around it tightly with her own.

"You have to stop that girl," she whispers. "Protect Lady Yuyuko.. save everyone.."

"What are you saying? I need to get you to a hospital! Just give me a few seconds to think and we'll -"

She chokes again, coughing up even more blood.

"No more... time," she whispers weakly. "Please... I have... tell you..."

He stays silent as she speaks.

"I... always..."

Her lips quiver weakly.

"Y-Youmu?"

The half-ghost closes her eyes, as if to sleep. Her body becomes completely motionless. She lets go of him, leaving her precious weapon in his hand.

Slowly, he lowers his head and plants a gentle kiss on her lips. She does not respond.

A single tear rolls down his cheek.

...

Vincent sheathes his blade. He does not know the way back. He has no reason to go back. There is nothing left for him in this world or the next.

Before him is one last path.

[ ] Take Youmu's sword and go after the girl.
[ ] Say a prayer for the half-ghost.
[ ] Give up and despair.
[ ] Custom

No comments: